Thursday, February 14, 2013

homemade is better...bread

I received a bread maker a year ago Christmas with the grand plan of making my own bread from now on - both saving money and making a healthier option.  Well ever since I've been searching for a good wheat bread recipe.  Most that I've tried ended up dense and flavorless.

About a month ago a friend recommended the Bread Beckers website.  There are different whole food recipes including this Zojiriushi Bread Recipe that I've fallen in love with.  The bread is light, digested easily and tastes absolutely wonderful.  

I purchased red wheat berries in bulk from Sprouts [our local health food store] and have figured the 50 lb. bag will make about 25 loaves at $1.25 a piece.  Not bad for a healthy and fresh bread option.  And there's nothing better than the smell of fresh bread filling your house!  It takes me about 5 minutes to get everything in the bread maker and then 2 1/2 hours later voila.

I grind the wheat berries in my VitaMix, 2 cups at a time - 4 cups berries yields about 4 1/2 cups milled flour

I set my own course using the recommendations on Bread Beckers



Enjoy! And thank you Bread Beckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment